Beyond education and sport, Jeremy Renaud has been involved in the community advocating for healthcare initiatives throughout the region of Windsor-Essex County.
In collaboration with various teams of volunteers, participants and sponsors, he served The Kidney Foundation of Canada as an interim publicity and events coordinator then later board member.
Here are some of his results:
- Launched 1 formalized fundraising and sponsorship program for The Kidney Foundation of Canada
- Generated $66,010 in operational funding and in kind support through signing one year pilot deals with The Windsor Star, AM800 CKLW, 93.9 The River, CTV Windsor, RBC Royal Bank, Biz X & In Play! Magazine, 95.1 and 100.7 The Rock, Caesars Windsor, Southpoint Sun, The Windsor Police Service and Riverview Steel
- Increased attendance by 15% from 849 to 1,002 participants for The 11th Annual Windsor Star Pasta & Pizza Fest resulting in $10,000 (net) for the Foundation
- Surpassed the planned net revenue goal of $4,000 by 60% for The Biz X Beach Jam Volleyball Tournament, which resulted in $10,000 (net) for the Foundation
- Increased attendance by 31.6% from 88 golfers in 2010 to 116 participants in 2011 for the HUB International Annual Golf Classic resulting in $20,000 (net) for the Foundation
- Increased attendance by 20% from 125 walkers in 2010 to 150 participants in 2011 for the Give the Gift of Life Walk resulting in $20,000 (net)
- Managed 4 marketing programs and 12 publications throughout the region while editing documents and communications for the Chapter; its fund development manager and president
- Updated the kidney.ca web site on a daily basis while completing all other duties as assigned by the Ontario director, marketing and communications including but not limited to assisting with the implementation of the Kidney Car program and My Celebration gifts program throughout the province
- Managed marketing and promotional programs for the Foundation while developing videos, writing media advisories and press releases respectively
- Interacted with 50+ community volunteers and business leaders as well as 14 corporate sponsors toward patient-centered program planning and delivery via Chapter events while managing 4 committees.
Renaud looks forward to integrating his experience through the Separate School Board while advocating for health and well being as part of his 4-pt plan and Thunderbird program for all student learners.